Rockland Baptist Church is an Evangelical Church with a purpose and a vision to accomplish God’s plan for the Church in the 21st century.
Our vision focuses upon our dreams, aspirations (goals), or what should be, and commitment to accomplishing Jesus’ commission that was designated to the Church to transform people and their world through the proclamation and teaching of God’s Word. (Act 2:42; 2Tim. 4:2)
As a Church, we envision to be faithful in missions, preaching and teaching God’s Word, by means of proclaiming, instructing, making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit; and preaching them to obey everything that Jesus has commanded in the Gospel to believers (Acts 2:42; Matt. 28:19-20)
- Glorifying God thought our corporate and private worship, individual lives, family, ministry, fellowship, and in the church as the body of Christ. (Acts 2:42, 43, 44, 46, 47; 1Col. 12:12-13)
- Preparing young people and equipping them for various ministries in the local churches and the mission fields. (1Tim. 5:12; 2Tim. 1:6; 2Tim. 4:11)
- Equipping, edifying, and preparing of our youth and adult people for the varied ministries and leadership in the local church and community, helping them to discern the divine purpose for their life so that they are able to serve God more effectively (Acts 2:42; Eph. 4:12)
- Training children for the work of ministry by exposing them to and instructing them in the Word of God (Mark 9:37; Ex.10:9)
- Every member of the church would be involved in small group ministries with the goal that every member be a minister (1Peter 2:9; Acts 2:47)
This is our dream; our vision by grace of God and the commitment of our members about what could be!